Why Location is So Important in a Home Sale
When buyers look at your home, they also consider the neighborhood. It plays a big role in how fast your home will sell – and how much you'll get for it.
Selling a home located in a desirable neighborhood will net you a much higher price than selling one in a less-than-optimal one. If your home is located in a "hot" neighborhood, that may increase your chances for a sale.
Characteristics of a Desirable Neighborhood
- High or increasing property values
- Reasonable commute and close proximity to employers, schools, hospitals, shopping and public facilities, like parks and community centers.
- Low crime rate.
- Well-planned traffic infrastructure.
- Well-maintained properties.
- Higher percentage of owner-occupants.
- Well-regarded school district
Be sure to maximize your home's curb appeal, and if your home is a bit better than other homes in the neighborhood, be prepared to compromise a bit on your asking price.
That's where we can help. Work with us to determine fair market value based on a Comparative Market Analysis of the homes in your neighborhood.
Contact Us Today